Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JMS adapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonalimss

IS-IT--Management
Dec 7, 2005
IN
Hi Guys,

we r working on JMS adapter and we struked in putting a message into a queue

This is the command which we used in our JMS adapter

-ictxfurl file://C:/STORE -ictxf com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory -qn "cn=myQ1" -cfn "cn=myQueueCF1"

We r successfully created JMS .binding file in C:/STORE.

when we run the map it is showing as "Target is not available" tell me how to put a message in a queue using JMS adapter with example and steps in detail..

Thank u ....

Sorry to say we are using mercator6.7

This is working example using Weblogic as the container.
-ICTXFURL "t3://sv_nt_gos121:9003" -ICTXF "weblogic.jndi.WLInitialContextFactory" -qn PACETargetRequestQueue -cfn PACEJMSConnectionFactory -hdr -prp -t

The URL is where weblogic service is running. The connection factory is in the weblogic jar file.

In the mercator.ini file you need to specify
[External Jar Files]
jar1=C:\J2sdkee1.3.1\lib\j2ee.jar
jar2=F:\WEBLOGIC\weblogic.jar

so you need the J2sdkee installed and the location on the jar file containing the connection factory.

This doesn't work in 6.7.1 without a patch, the [External Jar Files] was not implemented until 7.5
If you have 6.7 you need to upgrade to 6.7.1.

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

I don't remember a patch for 6.7.1 but I've had so many problems with JMS I may have forgotten it.

hi,

thanks for u'r help But,

we also tried with Mercator 7.5

we are using this file to do this scenario --> "C:\Program Files\IBM\WebSphere MQ\Java\bin\JMSAdmin.config"

we had edited the required "connection factory name(com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory)" and the "connection url(path where the .bindings file is created)" in the above mentioned JMSAdmin.config file.

what all the things we need to setup, Plz mention if i am missing anything that is mandatory.

-ictxfurl file://C:/STORE -ictxf com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory -qn "cn=myQ1" -cfn "cn=myQueueCF1"

I think your parameters should be
-ictxfurl file://C:/STORE -ictxf com.sun.jndi.fscontext.RefFSContextFactory -qn "myQ1" -cfn "myQueueCF1"

Also you should all -T+ to get a trace file. That might tell you more.

Hai janhes,
we tried according to your suggestion , we have deployed the ".bindings" file in c:/STORE other that
.bindings file do we need to mention any external jar files in mercator.ini Plz help us as it seems to be complicated

I'm only familiar with a windows environment. You need a unix person for your situation. Have you tried support?

Hai janhes/Boca,

what we r working is the example given in F:\Ascential\DataStageTX_7.5\examples\adapters\jms in windows platform, plz try this example and let me know what's wrong with us??

I suggest going to 8.0.1 is you are just starting with 7.5.x.
Also, check your JAVA versions in your environment, the requirements for 6.7.1 and 7.5 and 8.0.1 are different.

Did you make the .ini changes suggested?

BocaBurger
<===========================||////////////////|0
The pen is mightier than the sword, but the sword hurts more!

Hi,

Thanks for mailing

we dont know how to change the .ini file can u tell us how to change it for the example give in Ascential Software

F:\Ascential\DataStageTX_7.5\examples\adapters\jms

what are the fields(.jar files) need to be edited in .ini file. do u have the .ini file for this example can u paste it here plz.

janhes its working now, Iam able to put data into target
queue.

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back