Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JMail.GetMessageBodyFromURL Failing

Status
Not open for further replies.

DelisMom

Programmer
Aug 23, 2004
US
Since going to WIN2000 Server from WINNT, our web page which uses asp JMail.GetMessageBodyFromURL(strReferencePage) with
strReferencePage(" & Request.ServerVariables("LOCAL_ADDR") & ":" & Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_PORT")& strPathOnly & "Approval_Instructions.asp?RequestID=" & Session("REQ_ID") & "&email=yes" )
This fails as the page cannot be found. Our support indicated we cannot use the TCPIP address in WIN2000 because multiple websites share one address.

So we changed it to:
strReferencePage = " & Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME") & strPathOnly & "Approval_Instructions.asp?RequestID=" & Session("REQ_ID") & "&email=yes"
& now it's been failing with
jmail.SMTPMail error '8000ffff'
Connection timed out

Are we doing something wrong ?

You are not supplying a port for the SMTP server in your updated code. You could test this by appending ":25" to the end of the server name and see if you get the same error...

Code:
strReferencePage = "[URL unfurl="true"]http://"[/URL] & Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_NAME") & ":" & Request.ServerVariables("SERVER_PORT") & strPathOnly & "Approval_Instructions.asp?RequestID=" & Session("REQ_ID") & "&email=yes"

You may want to output that to the page and see what it gives you first... since you may need to add some extra slashes ( / ).

Jeff

I added the :25 & output the value & get
Error while processing Socket opperation: Connection refused
/Request/ApprovalConfirmationEmailA.asp, line 212

When I change it back to port 80 I get:

Connection timed out
/Request/ApprovalConfirmationEmailA.asp, line 212

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search