Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jinitiator...

Status
Not open for further replies.

B14speedfreak

Technical User
Mar 23, 2006
Hi all,

Thanks in advance for any posts and for reading.

We are running a 10g Oracle database with Financials apps front end. Anyhow I know this is not just a 2k question solely but has anyone else had any trouble with it. We are using Jinitiator 1.1.8.16, quite a few users are having issues with it (they are using 2k with quite up to date service packs). Essentially they get a java exceptions I think. However when they reinstall jinitiator they can use the apps fine.

Anyone else experencing this?

Thanks again,

B14... aka... marky mark...

We use 1.3.1.18 and don't have any issues. I think 1.1.8.16 is quite old. It certainly predates 10g.

yeah I know but metalink say that its certified to work. Only seems to be on 2k that we have the probs, I don't know any users with issues who use XP, also the DBA's don't seem to hae any issues and they are in and out of different instances with various OS's as well.

We are in the niddle of an upgrade as well on the financials end.

Finally got more information about the issue that we are having. Apparently the problem is that when the users login to the front end and launch an applete they get an:

exception: null

in the status bar of Internet explorer.

Thanks again for reading and all posts,

B14... aka... Marky mark....

try deleting the jcache files after closing IE. restart Oracle Apps and they should be recreated. I think the path is c:\Program Files\Oracle\jinitiator\jcache

Hope this helps,
Walter Walls

Hi Walter,

Thanks for the reply.

We don't seem to have had so many issues with this recently. But yes your quite correct, that does seem to work.

We had one user that was nearly ready for getting a new machine. Turned out there was spyware on the PC so a quick of run of spybot s & D seemed to sort this out.

Another thing that seemed to improve things was adding the URL as a trusted site *.companydomain.extention seemed to work quite nicely.

I also found that resetting internet options to factory defaults on either IE or Firefox seemed to work also...

just some ideas...

B14... aka... Marky Mark... the frozen monkey in the server room...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back