Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

jfs and jfs2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yegolev

Technical User
Oct 1, 2001
US
anybody ever put jfs and jfs2 in the same vg? any issues with this? just fishing for opinions.

IBM Certified -- AIX 4.3 Obfuscation

We are running pSeries p690 server running AIX 5L version 5.2 in a production environment.
I created jfs and jfs2 filesystems on "rootvg" and it's working fine without any problems. I/O Performance will be better if you have jfs2.

works fine so far for me as well. i heard NIM did not like this situation but i have not been able to confirm.

perf is much, much better with jfs2.

IBM Certified -- AIX 4.3 Obfuscation

Yaa it should work .Even i tried in my Environment it is going great.As far as performance issuse you will get good in jfs2.

Thanks.

Kiran

we have a few vg's as well that have mixed formats with no problems so far.

jfs2 seems to handle smaller files better than jfs. the opposite has in general been observed with larger files. jfs2 has had a few APARS released against it if memory serves. have also seen jfs2 only vg's varyon and mount filesystems with a pv missing, wasn't noticed until someone hit the right spot in the filesystem. with jfs2 you won't have to decide between large enabled and standard filesystems...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back