Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Jet direct on Sco 5.02

Status
Not open for further replies.

GOSCO

Technical User
Sep 26, 2000
GB
Hi I have two jet direct print servers running a couple of HP DJ960's and a HP LJ2200. Everything has been working fine up to a bout a week ago!

They do work, but sometimes they start to print rubbish. The result is a q of print jobs waiting with rubbish coming from the printer when a print job is sent.

The only way I can rectify the problem is to either re-boot the server or delete the files from requests directory.

Has anyone seen this before?Any ideas would be gratefully received.

I witnessed the problem again today, out of the blue garbage came out of the printers, they weren't just the printers of the jet stream but also two printers that were connected to W98 machines via the LPT port!

I thought it may be a virus so I scanned every machine and they were all clear.

I did notice one strange thing and that was 6 occurrences of /usr/lib/lpd. Is this signifacant?

Again, any help is greatly appreciated?

All fixed, bloody bugbear virus!

Seen the same thing on our servers twice in the last month. Lock down the open shares on your network.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back