Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Javelin viper 1.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

esref

Technical User
Apr 8, 2011
GB
Hi I am trying to install touch drivers on a javelin viper 1.5 system tuning on windows xp but the elo drivers keep telling me no com ports found any one have any ideas on this will be greatly appreciated.

Been up against this one a few times.

First you have to make sure you have your interfaces straight. Newer touch controllers are USB not Serial and you should be using a newer driver to detect the USB connection. Also USB has a bad habit of getting confused. When this happens you need to disconnect the USB cable from the touch screen, restart the PC, wipe all the drivers for the touch, reboot, reinstall the drivers, and THEN connect the USB cable when prompted. Anything else will get you an auto-installed driver that won't work and won't be replaced by further installs.

For USB touch screens I'd opt for the TouchKit package from eGalax as it's rather robust and universal:

For Serial screens you almost always want the driver included with the screen, as older controllers don't seem to like newer drivers. Elo's downloads for discontinued serial screens are here:
(sw500813.exe is the file for WinXP with Serial)

I'm a nerd in training and can give free help with lots of point of sale setups (Aldelo, CRE, PCCharge, ICVerify) for anyone. Please try to start a thread and only PM if needed.

On the initial XP install, the Javlins do not properly detect com ports, make sure the bios is setup for Win2000 and resolve any IRQ conflicts. Before you go installing OPOS, ELO, or anything, make sure device manager isn't complaining about anything. Had the same problem creating a WES09 image for that particular unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back