Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

javascript in a frame w/ link to another page appears in frame instea

Status
Not open for further replies.

msd

Programmer
Jul 24, 2000
US
Hello
I know in html when one is in a frame one uses <a href=&quot;&quot; target=&quot;_top&quot;> so that a link shows on the full page, not in the frame. How can I do this in javascript?

On I have 2 instances of this problem. In photo clickable, the ballet pix--only one linked, the ballet page shows in the frame. The menu, while not currently linked, will also do the same thing once linked. How can I make both have the new page appear on the entire screen?

I am using frames because I can not get more than 1 script on a ms front page 2000 page!!!! I thought that frames were a way around it and then I ran into this problem.

Thanks so much for helping!

m

Hi,

Why not set it up in a table instead, just make the border invisible.

I'm using a script for futon cover images, that just might do the trick for you. You can configure it to call a link page either on the image or the actual 'name' of the image.
Mine are NOT click through, as it isn't necessary.

Frames are an issue, many people don't bother and frequently they don't work well in frames. :)

Anyway, I'm no expert, but I hope this helps. Deborah

Hello,

You use : self.frames.location.href = top.frames.location.href

LeonR

Thank you for your suggestion Leon.

I tried to apply your suggestion:
self.frames.location.href = top.frames.location.href
but couldn't figure out how.....

my code reads [for the last image--the others are set the saem, of course]

else if (whichimage==5)
window.location=&quot;
how do I apply your suggestion to this code?

Hope you can help w/ this. Or someone...please.....

many thanks

m

And Deborah,

Enjoyed your site and thanks for answering. I had initially tried tables but fp2000 would still only handle 1 script per page. --I really do need clickable...

If someone could help make this work I'd be very grateful!!!!

thanks

m

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back