Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Javascript errors in the IIS web based administrator

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rev

Programmer
May 7, 1998
AM
When I try to save changes I get a javascript error that say something to the effect that "no such interface is supported" This is not all the time. It seems quite random. I did accidentally delete the default web site (which I can't figure out how to get back...DOH!!!) I wonder if that screwed things up???

Deleting the default website can sometimes cause some hairy problems. It may depend on where it installed the files necessary for IIS Web Based Tools. You might try reinstalling the webserver software again to the same location to see if this can fix it for you. Do you run Frontpage on that particular Website??? Also, which version of IIS are you running?

We are running IIS 4 Is there someway to just reinstall the default web???

I reinstalled IIS and it fixed the problem.

As far as being able to reinstall the default web I don't believe so. Maybe that will be a feature of IIS 5.0? :)

I'm currently reading your responses with Netscape Navigator 3.01. Can you read me?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back