Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

javascript errors in IE not Firefox

Status
Not open for further replies.

JillC

Technical User
Jan 10, 2001
AU
I have some sites set up using Shopfactory. There is javascript code which displays the navigation and other bits and pieces - fine in Firefox but not in IE7. I thought it must have been a SF problem so I put a question on their forum - then I discovered that I have the same problem with multiple shops.

Is there a setting in IE7 which would prevent javascript from working? I've gone through everything I can think of but can't see what would be causing this problem. One of the pages causing problems

It seems to be a problem with my PC. I can view other sites with Javascript but not any of the ShopFactory sites. ALL the navigation is unavailable on that site - the page/product links, basket, select currency, search etc.

While I was fiddling I discovered that I can view these pages on another PC but not on mine. I have switched off my firewall, and switched of automatic updates (for some reason this was continually showing that it was downloading updates 0% but never progressed).

I don't quite know where to start.

Solved: I reinstalled IE7.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back