Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

JavaScript Caching

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhowes

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2001
ZA
Hi All

There was a previous thread on this, but I was wondering if there is a better solution out there now (the thread is over a year old).

I have a problem with .js files caching in IE5.5 and 6.0. Clearing all temporary files does not clear cached .js files. I have tried the "NO-CACHE" meta tags with no success (again only .js include files are a problem).

Anyone got any bright ideas?

Thanks
Chers

Richard
(Johannesburg, South Africa)

Hi Richard

I had the same problem during development of my site, but got IE to reread the js files by hitting <Shift><Refresh>. See if it works for you too!

BTW, how's Jo'burg? (Me being an expat, I'm always interested!) Never too old to learn...
Nico

Hi Nico

I'll give that a try, thanks.

Johannesburg is fine, warm, sunny, no wind - perfect! Been very little rain though so the garden is looking poorly, but otherwise a perfect summer.

As a Rhodesian/Zimbabwean expat and later a Durban expat I am not too fond of winter here, but summer is hard to beat anywhere in the world.

Cheers.
Richard

but summer is hard to beat anywhere in the world

I couldn't agree more! That's why I'm going to SA december 18th! I need some sun! Never too old to learn...
Nico

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back