Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java Virtual Machine

Status
Not open for further replies.

QatQat

IS-IT--Management
Nov 16, 2001
IT
Hi there,

I have installed Windoz XP recently. Everything works fine but I can't get it to update Java Virtual Machine succesfully. I even accepted to do it online although, as linux user, I hate giving Microsoft a chance to scan my system. It did not work. I then followed the instruction on MS site and download SP1 that should have fixed the problem. Nothing yet.

What should I do?

Thank you

Qatqat

The reason why my girlfriend can read my thoughts is because mine are properly written! (G.Lepore)

Yeah, go to sun and get it. MS doesn't support it's version anymore.

Not true rrsub, MS does support it IF it was installed before.
They HAD to take it out because of those %@#%@# at SUN, that is not MS's fault!
In the newer releases, it is included again. [sub]If the answer is here, mark it, others can benefit from it too. If 'something' 'somewhere' gives 'some' error, excpect random guesses or no replies at all. Please specify details.
Free Tip: The F1 Key does NOT destroy your PC!
[/sub]

Thanks guys

I downloaded it. I was just under the impression that there was a smaller plug-in to install from MS site but then I read about the legal question.
It all makes sense now.

Bye

Qatqat The reason why my girlfriend can read my thoughts is because mine are properly written! (G.Lepore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back