Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java Viewer Export/print error"The response has already been commited"

Status
Not open for further replies.

maddyl

Programmer
Mar 19, 2004
GB
Hi,

I am using Crystal Reports 9 Advanced version to access reports via the web.

I am using a java servlet to instantiate a java viewer to view the report. The report renders fine in the viewer, and the export/print popups work, resize a doc works etc. but I am getting a strange error when I try to export/print (really an export aswell) a report to a different format using the viewer toolbar. When clicking on the export button, I get the open /save dialog ok, but the resultant exported file is simply the content:

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/crystalreportviewers/css/exception.css">
<table class="crExceptionBorder" width="100%" cellspacing=1 cellpadding=0 border=0>
<Tr><td class="crExceptionHeader">com.crystaldecisions.report.web.viewer.CrystalReportViewer</td></tr>
<tr>
<td>
<table width="100%" border=0 cellpadding=5 cellspacing=0>
<tr>
<TD class="crExceptionElement">
<table border=0 cellpadding=5 cellspacing=0>
<tr><td><span class="crExceptionText">The response has already been commited.</span></td></tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>
</td>
</tr>
</table>

I have applied hotfixes and service packs and searched around on the business objects site till I am blue in the face! Does anyone know how I can get round this problem - I would greatly appreciate any help.

Hi,

In the end after much trouble and strife we upgraded to crystal reports 10, found we had the same problem, got a crystal expert after much cajoling to work through the problem himself and he finally came up with a solution that worked. In the meantime we had switched from servlet to applet.... :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back