Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 2, 2010
US
I have a customer that is getting ready to do updates on his voicemail server. He currently has an IPO release 9.0.2 with voicemail pro. Last night they did some minor updates and today they noticed that system status is missing and or doesn't work. He is asking what release of Java do they need to be on. The vm machine is a virtual windows 7.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I have had this happen several times. The version of Java needed to fix this issue is included in the Admin folder. For 9.0.2 it would be something like this. \ADMIN9_0_2_0_860\ISSetupPrerequisites\Java(TM) 7 Runtime Environment, Standard Edition 1.7.0_25

Hope that helps.

also disable all windows updates on that machine, will cause numerous issues!

Thanks you for the fast response. He just emailed me and said that he did find it and fixed it. Thanks again.

System Status works with newer Java, the issue is that javaw.exe isn't installed in the Windows folder anymore.

Just point the shortcut directly to the ssaviewer.jar file in the IP Office installation directory, and it also starts faster than before =)

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back