Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java to C# Conversion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetVirgin

Programmer
Mar 26, 2004
IE
Hi,

I'm new to this site so quite unfamiliar with how things work....

I have recently begun learning about C# and the .Net framework. As a java programmer, I found C# a good basis to start on. I wanted to change a lot of my existing code from Java to C#, and was told that the Java Language Conversion Assistant (JLCA) was a good place to start. I successfully changed over a lot of my code, however, I came across a problem with one part. The error I am getting is:

"java.lang.ThreadGroup could not be converted"

And it then tells me that "In the .NET Framework, there is no direct equivalent."

When trying to compile this code, I receive the error:

"The type or namespace name 'ThreadGroup' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)".

Would anyone have any thoughts or ideas on how to solve this problem? I have tried various methods but have yet to come across a successful one....

Thanks a million

-C

You may want to check out the MONO Project. They created a C# ThreadGroup for their debugger.

CVS File History

ThreadGroup.cs

It may help you, it may not. It should be worth checking out. (hehe) (bad pun)

If it doesn't just keep Googling and checking open source sites like sourceforge.net to see if someone has ported the Java ThreadGroup to C#.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back