Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java the route to go?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bpk68

Technical User
Apr 30, 2003
GB
I am 21 and currently work as an ICT technician in a local school. I am working towards the end of an A+ course in a nearby training centre.

However I have recently inquired into Computeach's Advanced Java programming learning course with the hope of getting into the web development field. The course also dabbles in HTML and DHTML. I have been interested in programming for a while, although not practising it since my A-level project and I love the opportunities the web has to offer.

Does anyone have any advice on whether this seems like a sensible choice? Is there much demand for someone with such skills? Has anyone any comments on Computeach themselves?

Any advice/comments appreciated.

Rob

Hi bpk68,

I think java programming is a smart choice. I have been interested in programming also. I do have some computer science college credits, but I find that you have more choices in the IT field with technical certifications. You can get a Sun/java certification..

However I have been alittle discouraged by programming because people in India are taking all the GOOD programming jobs.. :)

I read the other day that a Cisco CCIE certified individual can easily earn 6 digit salaries. Now that is easier said than done, but its something to shoot for.

Also I have my A+ certification and I think it is a must have.

As far as java goes, I think java and or C++ is the way to go for programming.. You could do and create anything with those languages.

tpinky A+,Network+,CCNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back