Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jim36320

Technical User
May 10, 2003
US
Maybe someone can help me. Every program that I try to run that uses Java, fails to work and tells me that Jave is not installed or not enabled. I have reinstalled Java program and all up dates, enabled and verified that Java is installed. My OS is XP Home with SP2. This program had worked earlier.
Thanks in advance.
Jim.

did you validate Java? if not then uninstall your current version and then reinstall and validate your new install.

Thank you eyec for your response, but I have already validated the Java install, no luck.
Jim G.

Thank you, jujet84 for your response, I tried your suggestion, but no luck, I notice though, when I click IE, Tools, in the drop down I see a line that says Sun Java is not your default, go to Advanced tab and make it your fault, but when I go there I don't see an option to make it the default, could this be my problem, Sun Java is not set as the default, if so could you tell me how to make it the default?
Thanks again for responding.
Jim G.

Go to Tools/Advanced scroll down past International,should see Sun Java--- make sure this is checked/apply and restart

jujet84, did what you suggested, no luck. Thanks for responding.
Jim G.

Thanks, jujet84, the Java icon is in the control panel.
Jim G.

OK open java icon and go to advanced/open cross hairs for default java for browsers and check to see if the browser is checked if not check and apply.

Thanks jujet84, It was already checked, but I unchecked, rechecked and reapplied, no luck.
Jim G.

How many versions of java do you have showing in the Control Panel/Add/Remove

Thanks jujet84, I have just one version.
Jim G.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back