Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

java.lang.NullPointerException at java.net.URLEncoder.encode(URLEncode

Status
Not open for further replies.

vidyadp

Programmer
Mar 28, 2003
US
I am getting <101047> <[ServletContext(id=4858797,name=WebApp,context-path=/WebApp)] Generated java file: /opt/app/weblogic/user_projects/xxx/xxServer/.wlnotdelete/WebApp_WebApp_4858797/jsp_servlet/Request.java>
####<Mar 28, 2003 6:54:36 AM PST> <Error> <HTTP> <dlscst14.interwan.gte.com> <xxServer> <ExecuteThread: '10' for queue: 'default'> <kernel identity> <> <101017> <[ServletContext(id=4858797,name=WebApp,context-path=/WebApp)] Root cause of ServletException>
java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.net.URLEncoder.encode(URLEncoder.java:79)
at jsp_servlet.Request._jspService(Request.java:89)
at weblogic.servlet.jsp.JspBase.service(JspBase.java:27)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl$ServletInvocationAction.run(ServletStubImpl.java:1058)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:401)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:445)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletStubImpl.invokeServlet(ServletStubImpl.java:306)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext$ServletInvocationAction.run(WebAppServletContext.java:5412)
at weblogic.security.service.SecurityServiceManager.runAs(SecurityServiceManager.java:744)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.WebAppServletContext.invokeServlet(WebAppServletContext.java:3086)
at weblogic.servlet.internal.ServletRequestImpl.execute(ServletRequestImpl.java:2544)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.execute(ExecuteThread.java:153)
at weblogic.kernel.ExecuteThread.run(ExecuteThread.java:134)

May I know why I could be getting this exception. I am using Weblogic 7.0. Need urgent help regarding this. Any pointers about this would greatly help. Thanks

Vidya

Just a shot in the dark, but make sure the permissions are ok. Sometimes if a server is setup to be run by a normal user but is started once as root, it can mess 'em up when you try to start it as the user again later.

Brian

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back