Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java Development Tools 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 9, 2001
US
Does anyone have any suggestions for a Java Development Tool to use. I have used JBuilder and I was wondering if there was anything cooler than that out there that would work with Windows and/or Linux. Any suggestions would be great.

I currently use visual age for java by IBM, 3.5, you can down load it from the IBM website for free. I like it more everyday that I use it. If your a experience programmer, it will save you a ton of time coding. Also you can do JSP, EJB and servlets, on it.

If you are new to JAVA I then would recommend textpad, which can be downloaded from the nice thing about it, is you control the code that is generated.
So if your new to Java, it is easier to understand.

Forte for Java is available from the Sun site. I think it's available for both windows and linux. I have only just started using it but it seems to be on a par with JBuilder and the like.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back