Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java Callback mechanism

Status
Not open for further replies.

messi121

Programmer
Oct 17, 2010
GB
I am developing a user interface. Basically the user will have a scroll list from which they select gender and from there i have another frame which gives the user a further option. For example in this i want first the user to select their gender and then once selected another frame to provide a list in which they can select their size. I need it to run asynchronously.

When the user selects a gender from the list, the genderSelector (class name) is going to have to supply the corresponding object. Also i need to make sure the user can only select one item from the list hence i need to use SINGLE_SELECTION.

I need to use something like callback but my java knowledge is limited would appreciate some help.

Can someone help provide me with a simple example of this method and i could expand on it?

What kind of interface are you thinking on, Swing, AWT?
Why do you want to have all those frames?
What do you mean with "run asynchronously"?

Cheers,
Dian

I am using Swing i was maybe thinking of using the split pan when i say asynchronously i want it to run in correspondence so once the gender is selected the sizes are displayed immanently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back