Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

java and ware housing

Status
Not open for further replies.

danda

Programmer
May 20, 2002
IN
hello
is there any API or any library classes of java which helps in warehousing project using java.i m new to this please help

thanks in advace

Hi,
JDBC is a standardized java based API for interfacing to your RDBMS.

Whether or not your particular RDBMS, like Teradata, Oracle, Sql Server, IBM DB2, My SQL or whatever, supports this interface is at the discretion of the vendor.

Teradata supports JDBC.

---

IBM UDB also support JDBC (I used in version 5.2 ... now they are up to 7.x .. I assume it is still supported)

What do you mean by "helps in warehousing project?"

In ETL, rolling up the data into summary tables, relationship repository (Meta data),
creating/running/maintaining reports?

For the latter, you could look at 3rd party vendors. The only one that I can speak to is MicroStrategy. You could use their web api. Even if you do not want to use them, I think you need to be more poignant about what part of Data Warehousing you want to have help with...

Good Luck..

There is a standard for metadata interchange calle JMI (Java Metadata Interface). You can find information about it at
Furthermore some datawarehousing tools offer Java-based APIs for accessing their metadata (e. g. DT/Studio from Embarcadero).

Hi,

I currently developing a JMI-capable framework and therefor a JMI-client application. As this is the first time I work with JMI I'm having some trouble.

Does anyone know or have any good sample source code respectively where to find it?

This would be of great help. Thanks so far... Bye!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back