Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Java and MS Access 2000

Status
Not open for further replies.

anku66

Programmer
Apr 26, 2002
US
I am trying to get a Java app to connect directly to an MS Access 2000 DB. I've searched for drivers and such, but had no luck making them work. (the best thing i could find was Atinav Access Driver from but I couldn't get it working.) I am running Windows 2000.

Any thoughts/ experience?

Well first I just have to say this (in my best Schwartznager Voice):

DUNT DO IT! ARRIGRIGH!

Okay, with that off my chest, if you're insistent to do this, then lets see if I can help you.

First to find the best driver for what you are trying to do, you can search Sun's list of Drivers at:

They have about 11 vendors providing MS Access Drivers.

Next, I would recommend that you check out this Sun JDBC tutorial at:

If after you have gone through the tutorial and THEN downloaded your drivers you are still having trouble then let me know your exact problem and I will see if I can be of some help.

Also I would not recommend the drivers my ATINAV, INC, they
are JDBC 1.0 drivers. You want to make sure you get JDBC 2.0 drivers, Sun has about 5 listed. Make sure they support the feature(s) you need. (DataSource, Connection Polling, RowSets, etc...)

I hope this helps you out...

Rodney

PS... I do not know your reasons for wanting to use MS Access and Java (That's a job for VB hehe), but you may want to consider some of the cross plateform DB solutions out there, some of which are even opens source, and some completely free for comercial use.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back