Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Japanese text in dreamweaver

Status
Not open for further replies.

phalex

Technical User
Jan 27, 2002
GB
I have to design a site for a customer working with Japanese people. I have installed the language pack for XP so can view and write Japanese text in IE/Word etc but when I copy and paste into DW4 it appears in question marks!

Can you direct me to an expansion pack or advise me how to incorporate Japanese characters into DW..
Help appreciated..
Thanks

Found this on the macromedia website: I know it refers to a mac problem but sounds very similar. I would download the update it refers to and see if that helps or not.

Issue
Dreamweaver 4 will not display double byte text in double byte html files, when those files were created in Dreamweaver 3 or 4 on a Macintosh. Users may see question marks or rectangles instead of characters.

Reason
The failure to display characters correctly is due to a known issue with how Dreamweaver 4 handles double-byte text.

Solution
Download and install the Dreamweaver 4.01 Updater (for Dreamweaver 4.0 only).

Note: There are many other possible reasons why double-byte text might not display correctly. For one, the Fonts/Encoding options in Preferences should be set to match the double-byte character set designated for the HTML document. If problems persist after installing the updater, see Document encoding for multilingual HTML pages (Technote # 14684).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back