Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J179 WIFI WPA2 Certificate Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

HantzT

Technical User
Feb 24, 2014
CA
I just got my brand new J179 with WIFI card.

But when I try to log then on the WIFI through WPA2 authentication I get a "Certificate Error".
When I log them to other SSID with no certificate they log in just fine.

Is there a way to have them to accept the certificate?

You will need to load the certificate into the phone over a wired connection first.

Just connect it using an ethernet LAN cable for the first time. Whilst the phone is new (or in the default state), it will accept the first certificate it is offered. Then switch it back to wireless mode.

First step if that doesn't work would be to default the phone through its admin menu and start with the wired connection again.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

sizbut

I think there is a misunderstanding!

The telephone works perfectly when connected via PoE.
The error is a WIFI Certificate Error and it happens only when I try to login to a WIFI SSID with a certificate!
I'm not even at the step where I loging the extension on the telephone.

No misunderstanding. You need to get the required certificate loaded in to the phone via TRUSTCERTS in the 46xxsettings/46xxspecials file.

HO! ok! Thanks

Is there a detailed document for the entire procedure somewhere?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back