Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J179 on R11 - Software Update Failed 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

dsm600rr

IS-IT--Management
Nov 17, 2015
US
Hello all,

I am configuring a new Deployment, IPO R11 and J179 Phones and when they are booting up I get "Software update failed"

Thoughts?

ACSS

These 2 or the entire folder contents?

J100Supgrade.txt and
FW_S_J179_R4_0_3_1_4.bin

ACSS

Thanks Gents,

I removed the old ones (backed up locally) and I will report back what happens.

ACSS

That worked, thanks for all the input everyone, this was a rush install. I just received the hardware yesterday and we install tomorrow morning :|

For the future, is it always best to load the latest firmware from Avaya on these SIP Phones? I know the H.323 like 9608's were specific to the software release the IPO is running.

ACSS

gwebster: Makes sense. Being in a rush to have this done in a day and running into issues didn't help things.

I will take a look at that document over the weekend, however I do have the same question if someone could chime in, I would appreciate it.

H.323 IP Phones Firmware was specific to match the version the IPO was running.

On the SIP J100's, is it best practice on new installs to head over to Avaya Downloads, Download the latest FW_S_J1XX.bin files and run that? I am assuming yes however I do not like to assume.

The reason I ask is it took quite some time to back up all of the FW_S_J1XX.bin files and upload all of the new bin files, so I will need to plan that into the project.

Thanks!

ACSS

The H323 never had to match IPO firmware in any way. But IPO delivered one firmware automatically with each release.

IP Office remote service Fixed price SIP trunk configuration: CLI based cale blocking: SCN fallback over PSTN:

Digital phones firmware is dictated by version (and even that can be circumvented if you know what you are doing) H323 and SIP can be changed independent of IPO release.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back