Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J179/JEM24 firmware update message

jaxuser

Technical User
Apr 6, 2006
US
All of the J179 sets I have deployed with JEM24 modules are showing a firmware download on the JEM yet the firmware never updates. Anyone ever run into this? I have replaced phone and module with new out of box, cleared all values and the error comes back after about an hour.

I have a few of these deployed as SIP...

Once you've upgraded the firmware on the J179 (I push my FW update using Utility Server), go to Administration > View > Button Modules. You should see the screen say "upgrading"... after 30-40 minutes a message will display on the JEM24 module screen itself asking if you want to install the new firmware now or later.

Last edited:
Are you deploying as SIP or H.323? We had several issues when deploying as H.323. We had to let the phone boot then after it was logged in attach the JEM. The ones that were having the issue we had to get a higher firmware release for it to resolve. Several SOL on the Avaya site about it.

JEM24 are always updated VERY slowly. Up to an hour.
That's because of an interface between a phone and the expansion module itself. It only has 9600 baud bandwidth.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back