Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J179 issue with a call on hold and releasing a second call auto reconnects to the held call

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccctech

Vendor
Nov 3, 2005
US
Here is the scenario, On a call from the Call Appearance a=, receive a call which comes on Call Appearance b=, answer the new call by pressing the b= button (the caller on a= is automatically placed on hold). Transfer the call and when the user presses the soft button "Complete", it automatically reconnects to caller on the a= appearance. On their digital phone (9508) users, they manually have to press the call appearance a= to reconnect to the held call. The prefer to operate this way on J179 phones as well. The difference is the IP Phones Userd are registered back to Server Edition Server (R11.1 SP1) and the digital phones are connected an IP500v2 Expansion Unit. Am I missing a user or extension setting on the IP Phones, or is there a setting on the 46xxsettings.txt file that would need changed from the auto-generated file? Thanks in advance.

Sounds like an issue we are familiar with. If you go to avaya.com/ support/ downloads. search J100 series. SIP 4.0. Download and load 4.0.9 to the SD card. This update fixed it for us after the J phones were updated. Hope that helps

Thank you. I also found out this was a known issue with R11.1 SP2 and 4.0.6.0.8 Phone Firmware. It looks like it was corrected as part of the R11.1 FP1 SP1 just released, with updated phone firmware.

Hm. I show 4.0.7 is in this new release for the J series which is not updated per the doc. In our tests 4.0.8 and 4.0.9 fixed the issue. 4.0.9 being the latest on the site. It's all good. Just information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back