Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J179 - H.323 image - Enabling WiFi 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

MylZhI

Technical User
Nov 14, 2013
US
Aura CM 7.2.1

Can anyone offer up some basics on getting a j179 up and running on wi-fi? We've installed the wi-fi module, configured 46xxsettings per below and we are not seeing the wifi options offered after rebooting the phone and doing the mute\craft\# thing.

########## WI-FI SETTINGS ##########
SET WIFISTAT 1
SET WIFIAPSTAT 1
## SET WLAN_MAX_AUTH_FAIL_RETRIES 3
## SET WLAN_ESSID sw01
## SET WLAN_SECURITY wpa2e
########## NETWORK CONFIGURATION USER PRIVILEGE ##########
SET ENABLE_NETWORK_CONFIG_BY_USER 1
########## WLAN LAYER 2 QOS SETTINGS ########
SET WLAN_L2QUAD 6
SET WLAN_L2QSIG 3
########## WLAN LAYER 3 QOS SETTINGS ########
SET WLAN_DSCPAUD 46
SET WLAN_DSCPSIG 34
SET QLEVEL_MIN 6

maybe enable the HTTP server in there and check in the webpage? Maybe POE+LAN = no WiFi? What if you did a "shut" on the port but kept feeding it POE? I wonder if it's an undocumented feature that it needs external power/nothing on the Tx/Rx on the LAN port to start doing it.

Maybe try setting the WLAN_PASSWORD just in case it cares about that?

Maybe toggle back and forth with wifi_stat 0/2?

## WIFISTAT specifies whether the user is given an option to enable Wi-Fi.
## Value Operation
## 0 Wi-Fi is disabled and the user is not given an option to enable it; the phone will only use the Ethernet interface.
## 1 The user is given an option to enable Wi-Fi; the phone will connect to Ethernet (Default), unless the UI is used to manually switch to Wi-Fi.
## 2 Wi-Fi is the preferred interface, but manual override to a different SSID or to Ethernet is allowed; the phone will connect to WLAN_ESSID (i.e., the pre-configured Wi-Fi
## network) unless the phone UI is used to manually switch to another SSID or to Ethernet. Associated pre-configured Wi-Fi network security parameters must also be specified.
## This parameter is supported by:
## J100 SIP R2.0.0.0 and later; values 0-2 are supported.
## Only J129 and J179 support a pluggable Wi-Fi/BT module (J139/J169 does not support Wi-Fi/BT). If the phone does not support Wi-Fi/BT, WIFISTAT will be internally set
## to 0, regardless of the value received from 46xxsettings.txt.
## The Administrator should always test a new settings file configuration on a single phone before committing it to several phones, as a configuration error (such as
## specifying an incorrect WLAN_ESSID or Wi-Fi security settings) will cause phones to become disconnected from the network, necessitating manual correction on each
## phone's local User Interface, as the phone will not be reachable via any other means.
## If the phone is using the pre-configured network (i.e., Ethernet or a specific Wi-Fi WLAN_ESSID), and then the phone UI is used to manually switch to a different
## network, the phone will enter Manual Network Configuration Mode, which will cause the phone to continue to connect to the manually-configured network on subsequent
## reboots, regardless of the pre-configured network specified by WIFISTAT and any associated parameters.
## There are 2 ways to return the phone to Automatic Network Configuration mode (i.e., to comply again with WIFISTAT, and if WIFISTAT=2, also WLAN_ESSID and
## associated pre-configured Wi-Fi network security parameters):
## - Use the phone's UI to explicitly toggle "Network config" from "Manual" to "Auto".
## - Change WIFISTAT to 0 and reboot the phone, which will force the phone to use Ethernet, after which, WIFISTAT can be changed to the desired value and the phone
## rebooted again.
## Avaya Vantage Devices SIP R1.0.0.0 and later; values 0-1 are supported.
## H1xx SIP R1.0 and later; values 0-1 are supported.
## SET WIFISTAT 0

Ha! You're right! Silly, but I know there's different lan/nic stacks in h323 vs SIP sets. Good find.

Let me flash these back to SIP and give it a go. Thanks all

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back