Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J179 freezing after 20-30 seconds 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlaurence

Programmer
Jan 18, 2008
US
We're able to register a J179 to the IPO and it works just fine when on the same LAN segment; but, when we attempt an external registration through our SBC across the public Internet, the phone freezes up after 20-30 seconds. Before that time has elapsed, it can make and receive phone calls just fine, talk-path and all. After that time has elapsed, the phone is non-responsive except for the menu button, a reboot of the phone gets it working for another 30 seconds.

We have been working with Avaya for 3 weeks on this and haven't gotten anywhere and I was curious if anyone else was having any luck getting J179's to work across the public internet.

Environment:
J179 version 2.0.0.45
IPO version 11.0
ASBCE version 7.2.2

Cisco-CCNA; Avaya- ACSS

Ask them for a DES login and use that to get the phones working across the public internet. Once setup it works really well.

| ACSS SME |

I weas using J169 and J179 across the public internet, through a firewall rather than an SBC and they kept locking up randomly.
Also the screens would not update properly and othe weird stuff was happening
I found that when they got their upgrade and settings files from the SE that they had defaulted to using TLS on port 5060 :D

TLS was not enabled in the SE so I don't know how they worked at all.

Changed to using TCP port 5060 (demo kit and connection is sometimes subject to packet loss hence TCP and not UDP) and they have been solid as a rock since.

I've just upgraded our demo kit to 11 and had the same issue with TLS using port 5061 enabled and had to manually change this for the phones to work.

Hi guys,

Suggest you try this parameter. Note it's from the J100 3.0 Release notes.

For all IP Phones which are remotely connected through an SBCE, please ensure that the
following is set in the 46xxsettings.txt file

SET WAIT_FOR_REGISTRATION_TIMER 40

ACSS (SME)

See Page 52 at this Document:
Found at Avaya SOLN330210

@Smash: We don´t set this Timer and it works for us.

Obviously it is of eminent relevance, that I this, what you celeprate, not optimally effective assume, since the integrate of you in the communicative system as code related terms with me no explosive associations in mental-empirical reproduction process of the mind.

Maybe some explanation is required as to how subscribers flow configuration can help the above issue?

ACSS (SME)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back