Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J169 / J179 Call Center mode

Status
Not open for further replies.

lopes1211

Technical User
Jan 11, 2002
US
I have not be able to find any documentation to explain this behavior. When you setup a phone as a J169CC set type, all of the buttons programmed are shifted down 1 row on the actual phone. If you program buttons 1-6 in system manager, they will appear on the phone on buttons 3-8. The top 2 physical buttons are essentially no longer usable. Why is that??? and/or is there a setting to change that?

-CL

Ahh....I see. Weird because the agent status actually shows up on the display just above those 2 buttons and just under the date/time. After testing I now see that once you receive a call, a call timer appears next to the 2 unusable buttons. Seems like a good waste of 2 physical buttons IMO....lol. Thanks for finding that!

-CL

On the plus side, the "Agent Login" automatically switches to an "Agent Logout" so you kinda save one button.

OK, so not a great plus.[3eyes]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back