Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J169 IP Phone disconnect second call

Status
Not open for further replies.

MZKc

Programmer
Aug 23, 2022
BR
When I'm on a call and someone else calls me, the call I was already on is automatically dropped. I already looked in the settings and didn't find anything, it happens on several J169 IP Phone devices...

Could be a line issue. What type of line do you have, SIP I would guess.
Does that also happen even when the second call is internally or maybe both calls are internally.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

My line is SIP but I don't know what the problem could be, do you have any idea?

I also have other SIP device models that work perfectly, but none of them are Avaya

easy solution
configure the extn with 2 Apperance keys
enable "reserve Last CA"

when on a call you will be seen as busy & the caller will get routed to VM

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

ACSS

I didn't find where the field is "reserve Last CA", is it in the web configuration?

What web configuration - If you're using the J169's own web config menus STOP. They are not supported with the IP Office. All the configuration should be via the 46xxsettings.txt file received from the IP Office system.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

J169 did not accept to add the configuration "SET RESERVE_LAST_CA 1", when on the file it deletes the configuration RESERVE_LAST_CA 1", quando sobre o arquivo ele apaga a configuração...

Where is user settings?
If it's the web configuration, I couldn't find anything.

it is in the user configuration of the ip office (either Manager application or web manager), under telephony, multiline options.

ACSS

I imagine that my web manager is different from yours, as I didn't find any related options.
WebM_ftuxlv.png

As per sizbut's earlier response
you DO NOT use the phones web interface, you need to be administering this using the IP Office itself - either through manager or webmanager TO THE IP OFFICE not the J169

Now is probably a good time to consider asking your maintainer for advice

ACSS

But I want to connect my Avaya to Alcatel, to OXO, is there any way to change this configuration other than through IP OFFICE

This is, as the forum name says, a support forum for Avaya "IP Office". You need to find the forum for J100 3PCC.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

The SIP J100-series are supported on non-Avaya platforms but Alcatel is not one of those which has been tested/documented. Look for the Partner Configuration Guides on the Avaya Support Portal for examples of how to configure with the supported platforms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back