Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J139 Restrictions

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldSchool70

Technical User
Feb 25, 2015
US
I have a prospective customer with an IPO SE on Rls 11 that was sold a lot of J139 IP Phones. They are now realizing that the J139 has many restricted features. I see that HG enable/disable button features cannot be setup on the J139. But, can the J139 Users be part of a Hunt Group? Does Avaya have any plans to expand the features available on the J139 phones? Does anyone have any nice workarounds for Appearances, etc.?

Hi, you can use shortcodes. Here are the J139 Feature Restrictions

Menu Support
The J139 uses the same Feature and Status menus as the J169/J179 telephones except for the following menu options. In some cases, the menu feature may still be useable via short codes, a programmable button and/or using an application.

•Auto-Answer

•Call Pickup

•Call Park

•Coverage Ring

•DND Exceptions

•Disable Ringer

•Log Out

•Group State

•Group Fallback

•Self-Administration

•System Administration

Programmable Button Support
The J139 supports the same programmable button features as the J169/J179 telephones except for the following:

•Any dial features other than Dial, Dial Extension and Dial Emergency

•Automatic Intercom

•Bridged Appearance

•Call Intrude

•Call Listen

•Call Steal

•Coaching Intrusion

•Conference Meet Me

•Coverage Appearance

•Internal Auto-Answer

•MADN Call Appearance

•Self-Administer

•Set Hunt Group Night Service

•Set Hunt Group Out of Service

•Set Night Service Destination

•Set Out of Service Destination

Thanks. I saw the document that lists the restrictions but in typical Avaya fashion it is a bit confusing (at least to me). I haven't had a chance to play around with the features in our lab environment. So, Just wondering if the J139 Users be part of a Hunt Group? Does anyone have any nice workarounds for Appearances, etc.?
Does Avaya have any plans to expand the features available on the J139 phones?

But, can the J139 Users be part of a Hunt Group?" - Yes
"Does Avaya have any plans to expand the features available on the J139 phones?" - No
"Does anyone have any nice workarounds for Appearances, etc.?" - Buy a J159, J169, J179, J189... Don't buy a J129

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Any nice work arrounds for Apperances?
Yes
simply do not use them, in most canses they are nunnecessary any way
phone rings, pick up phone & answere - no need for apperance key
make a call - pick up phone & dial - no need for an apperance key

In the UK we never could understand why Avaya bothered with adding an unnecessary legasy feature from key & lamp systems that no one in the uk had used for at least 10-20 years.

Do things on the cheap & it will cost you dear

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back