Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J129 Cannot transfer calls to 1608 sets

Status
Not open for further replies.

koulioumbis

IS-IT--Management
May 21, 2009
GR
Hello team.
I have an issue with J129 phones on a 10.1 system.
When a J129 user needs to transfer a call to a 1608 user the procedure cannot be completed.
when pressing transfer the call gets on hold the second call rings to 1608 but the transfer cannot be completed.
anyone has a similar issue?

thanks

Nikos

Try adding
[highlight #FCE94F]SET SIP_CONTROLLER_LIST :5060;transport=tcp[/highlight] to either the J100setting.txt, 46xxsettings.txt or J1xxSupgrade.txt file.

Also make sure your FQDN is populated in the LAN1 tab if that is your network connection. You should use a FQDN and not an IP address.

Depending on the URI configuration the ICR can be completely ignored.

If your URI is configured to use internal data then the IP Office will look into the user's SIP tab and if you have *'s it will look into ICR.

A madman with a taste for speed.

Shouldn't that be?

SET SIP_CONTROLLER_LIST <IP Address>:5060;transport=tcp

ACSS (SME)

We use them without FQDN without a problem.

I have seen the same behaviour using One-X Portal but not using the telephone keypad.

So do I Intrigrant. i use the IP address too and it works fine. But i do not have OP's problem.
Yes it probably should be Smash. I was following a document without thinking.

Depending on the URI configuration the ICR can be completely ignored.

If your URI is configured to use internal data then the IP Office will look into the user's SIP tab and if you have *'s it will look into ICR.

A madman with a taste for speed.

further to this issue i noticed that the J129 users cannot transfer a call to a spesific user, that is on a 1608 set. He is ext 112 and user 112.
Created a new user the 151 with ext 151 logged into the same 1608 set (after logging out 112) and the user 151 can get calls from transfer with no issue. Logged back user 112 and the issue remains. Then deleted the user and the ext 112 and created again the 112 logged again on same set and the problem is still there.
I use the IP and not FQDN name.
Any ideas?

Thanks

Nikos

Where to i check?
ARS and short codes do not have 112 programming.
Any other field that i can check?

regards

Nikos

In J100settings.txt there is an option like this SET PHNMOREEMERGNUMS "999,112"
Delete the 112 and you will be ok.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back