Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

j100 web gui login link? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

matalas2022

Systems Engineer
Apr 11, 2022
PH
Hi All,

Hope everyone is doing well. I'm quite new with Avaya and currently handling IP office with J100 series phones.

Were having issues with J100 web interface and on how i can access the phones via the web GUI.

Already set the ff: parameters in the 46xxspecial file.

SET ENABLE_WEBSERVER 1
SET WEBSERVER_ON_HTTP 1
SET WEB_HTTP_PORT 80
SET WEB_HTTPS_PORT 443

This manual doesn't contain what link should be used on accessing the web GUI.

Tried http:// and to no avail.

Already tried this as well
tried this link just as seen in the video but nothing happened i didn't get the Login landing page.

Hope someone could help me out. Many thanks.

The documentation you listed is for the "Open SIP" version of the J179 which are phones to be used with non-avaya phone systems. When configuring the J179 to work with IP Office you would not use the web interface. All you actually need to do is setup the HTTP server(assuming the IP is assigned via DHCP) on the phone and it will grab it's files from the IPO and should bring you to the enter extension and password screen.

@critchey - didn't notice that it's for an open SIP version. Thanks for pointing that out.

Btw, were using J139 mostly and i need to enable and gather the debug data for problematic phone.

Saw few post in this forum while back reading on the threads that it can be done. I already set the parameters that i had read in this forum that i believe they were able to have it working. But never saw someone posted a sample login link for web gui of j100 series. I assume it's the same using avaya IP office and CM.

From recollection, you can enable the web GUI on the J series handset direct from the phone itself (depending on the firmware version). When logging in you use the usual password and then it forces you to change it.

ACSS (SME)
APSS (SME)

Hi bob,

Already tried via the Administration page but to no avail. Still nothing happens if we tried to access the phone via web using or
Not sure what else i'm missing on the setup.

Current phone firmware version is 4.0.7.X something running on version 11.1. SP 2 i believe.

thanks,
Matalas

I have a J169 on 4.0.7.0.7.

I went into the administration menu on the phone and enabled the Web Server. Then just went to " and it worked for me.

Logged in with admin/27238, it then prompted for a new password and all was good to go.

“Some humans would do anything to see if it was possible to do it.
If you put a large switch in some cave somewhere, with a sign on it saying 'End-of-the-World Switch. PLEASE DO NOT TOUCH'.
The paint wouldn't even have time to dry.”

Terry Pratchet

@gwebster - yeah, we haven't tried to upgrade the firmware to 4.0.11 might be done in few weeks time.

@ekster -Thanks for the information atleast now i know it will work on the 4.0.7. I'm thinking j139 doesn't support it even if i already set and enabled the web server in the administration of the hard phone.

Will check the inventory if we have a j169 and j179. Have you also set the ff parameter in 46xxsetting or specials?

SET ENABLE_WEBSERVER 1
SET WEBSERVER_ON_HTTP 1
SET WEB_HTTP_PORT 80
SET WEB_HTTPS_PORT 443

Like you said in your original post you would want to set it in the 46xxspecials.txt file not in the 46xxsettings.txt(this file is auto generated and should not be touched). It is possible the phone is not grabbing the settings file which is why it is not unlocking but its more likely it is simply the firmware it is on.

The truth is just an excuse for lack of imagination.

Web server is supported on all J100 models with SIP firmware.

... the other question would be "what do you want the web interface for?". Had J100 Series phones on my IP Office systems since the phones were first supported and never needed the web interface.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

@critchey - thanks.. hmmm from the 46specials i have already changed the default craft password to a new one. I hope it's won't affect the web gui. will have to revert that as well to default and test again.

@gwebster - thank you for confirming.

@sizbut - We're having issues with phones in our branches and the vendor want to get the debug logs from phone itself besides the usual packet capture and sysmon logs. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back