Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J100 phones lose all audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

pontim

Programmer
Aug 18, 2021
AR
Hi,

I started noticing in 2 diferent clients the same behaviour in J179 and J139 phones.
They suddenly lose all audio, no buttons audio when dialing, no dial tone, no call audio. You can operate the phone as usual and calls connect but theres no audio.
The only way to get it back is a phone reboot. (not a factory reset, just a reboot being soft or hard reboot unplugging the cable)

Did this occur to anyone else? i've updated the phones to multiple firmware versions but i keep getting that weird behaviour.

Its worth noticing that one client has over a thousand phones working just fine and this happens to 4 phones, and the other client hasaround 120 phones and it happens to 2 of them.
Apparently one of them switched 2 phones and it keeps happening in the same post but diferent phones. I think its network related but dont really know how to prove it to the client.

Thanks in advance

J-series phones and connected to what system.
IP Office
ACO
Aura

the audio goes through the firewall / router to connect or stays within the network, VLAN'd or straight network. Trunks are SIP / PRI / analog

there are so many return questions to your post that it could be not even guesses what it could be.

Except that it is rather annoying for you as it is not all the phones and probably not all the time so it is a witch hunt

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

@Westi sorry i didn´t specify.

It's on Ip Office. I'm trying to capture on the internal firewall or at least with a port mirroring to see if the packets go through or where are they stopping.
The thing is, the phones act as if they are stuck but only on the audio part. You can use it, but it dooesn't even make the button sounds (for example changing the phone ring or headset level)

They have sip trunks but this happens on every call or action you make with the phone

thanks!

We posted a fairly detailed explanation describing this bug here:
Essentially the PBX fails to send a SIP INVITE to the phone in the cases where audio fails. The phones in this state don't even get dial tone when they go off-hook.

-----------------------------------
4771494_orig.jpg

Business Phone Systems

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back