Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J100 one-way talk path from 1 ISP

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricMcS

IS-IT--Management
Apr 9, 2015
CA
I have J169s running on SIP over TLS that works everywhere except 1 ISP.

We can hear the end-user, but end-user can't hear other end.

- I've swapped the phone and same issue.
- I tried changing SIP port from 5061 to 5071.
- Called ISP to see if they were blocking for some other service, they say no.
- 1 user also had the mobile app on their phone, same issue when on WiFi, works when on switched to Data roaming (same ISP, just different line of business.)

I have users on the same ISP that have no issue, but 3 users who are all with the same ISP (or a reseller of the same ISP) who have the same issue, so it's not the ISP as a whole.

Any suggestions on where I would start looking for a next step?

I've also tried looking for SIP ALG in the router, but the option either isn't enabled or can't be disabled. I do not have the option to put the router into bridge as these are owned by my end-users not me.

Hmmm. Another user just reported this - this user has been working for years. As of 2 weeks ago, phone quit working. All of the users are Rogers (or Fido.) For the time being, the solution has been to install Equinox and use it over VPN, but this is getting ridiculous. I can't tell my users to change ISPs as it's Canada - some places only have one ISP for high-speed.

Let me guess it is Rogers cable :-D ADDENDUM: didn't read your last post properly that you already mentioned it

We have the same issue with SIP trunks on some of their stuff.

They have modems that are simply not working well with SIP other than their own lines they provide. Some Rogers tech support people know it and will send out a new modem.
I just can't remember at the moment which one is is that works.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

"Dew knot truss yore Spell Cheque

It could be Rogers[bigsmile]. If you figure out which one it is, please post.

Because I'm not the customer, they won't tell me anything. So for the moment, I have nothing to give my end-users and they won't call and troubleshoot with Rogers (because who wants to do that.)

It's not impacted us greatly yet, but we have a team who needs hard phones because Equinox sux for queue-based users - eventually, we are going to have an employee who experiences this issue who we need the hard phone working.

If it is Rogers ask the customer to get a new modem from Rogers and a different model or upgrading the firmware might help.

Joe
FHandw, ACSS, ACIS

If you give more information you will get better answers. If you only give bits and pieces then you will get the same back and maybe not fitting your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back