Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

J100 DTMF Tones 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CMUK

Technical User
Apr 21, 2016
GB
Hi Guys

Wondering if anyone has encountered an issue with release 11.1 with DTMF tones using the J series phones,
I have a customer who can't select options to certain callers using Voiceflex SIP (not tested any other trunk) some work, some dont.
Works every time with a 1403 digital phone and analogues so definetly to do with the IP handsets, I have upgraded the system to 11.1.3 from 11.1.1 but still no joy,

Anyone got any ideas?

Thanks

Calum M
ACSS

I have a similar issue using Windstream SIP trunks.

SIP Line VoIP>DTMF Support

Set to RFC2833/RFC4733 = Local VMPro AA calling in external works fine. Calling out to remote Auto Attendant doesn't recognize DTMF tones.
Set to Info = I can call external AA's now. The remote AA detects the DTMF and works as it should. BUT, it breaks the local VMPro AA.
Local answers but doesn't recognize DTMF on local inbound.

11.1.2.3 using J179 phones using an SBC to connect to the provider.

Still troubleshooting the issue.

Very keen to know the outcome to this issue. I have this problem on a regular basis using an Australian SIP Trunk provider and J series SIP phones for outbound calls. If I outbound call a business and need to select 1, 2, etc...it doesn't always register the DTMF tone.

I'm on R11.1.2.3 (47).

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Hi, All
At SIP Line , under VoIP Tab , change DTMF support RFC2833 to INBAND
Give this a try.
Experienced a similar issue once .

Pink star for you, @infonaut.
I've made the change and will report back.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Its also worth seeing what happens with 'Re-invite Supported' switched on.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

Reporting back: @CMUK I managed to test this today by calling Microsoft product activation using a SIP trunk on a J179 running SIP. After changing DTMF support from RFC2833 to INBAND per @infonaut's advice, this worked.

I'm on R11.1.2.3 (47)

I haven't had to try @sizbut's suggestion yet, however he is very knowledgeable and it's worth a try if the first fix doesn't work.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

I stated in my post above that when I changed to "Inband" it also fixed the issue.
BUT. When you called your own Auto Attendant it would not recognize the DTMF.
So it fixed one issue but caused another.
Is anyone else having issues calling the IPO voicemail pro AA after making the change to inband?

Reporting back again. Now not so sure this is resolved. I don't have Voicemail Pro so unable to test per @IPOTS comments.

So far, I've changed:
-DTMF support from RFC2833 to INBAND (@infonaut's suggestion)
-Switched on Re-invite Supported (@sizbut's suggestion)

Same scenario - SIP Trunks, J179 SIP IP Phones. R11.1.2.3 (47)

DTMF tones are passing through according to sysmon, however some company IVR/Auto Attendants accept, others don't recognise.

Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Sorry guys forgot to report back,

I went to site yesterday and set both sip trunks and extensions back to RFC and it worked!

I think I messed about with them prior to updating software....sorted now though!

Calum M
ACSS

Update,

I was able to resolve the DTMF issue.
SIP provider>SBC>IP Office SE 11.1.2.3

Issue: Calling external IVR DTMF tones not recognized.

Using the default DTMF support RCF2833 on the IPO. PCAP showed RTP events and DTMF tones being sent.
Carrier PCAP did not show any DTMF tone.

Problem was in SBC.
DTMF Support should be set to "None" on both A and B sides.
In my case the A side was set to "None" The B side was set to "inband"
Changed the B side to "None"

Tested and working now.

Pink stars for @CMUK and @IPOTS for reporting back.

I don't have a SBC, however since I changed my SIP trunk DTMF support back to RFC2833, it all started working again.

I did leave 'Re-invite supported' checked per @sizbut's suggestion so maybe that was all I had to change in the first place to resolve the issue.

Either way, I'm resolved too.

Thanks all.

Thanks, Tim
Adelaide, Australia

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back