Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IX Workspace 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTI09

Technical User
Jul 15, 2009
US
Hello, we are in need of setting up remote users (Teleworkers). IPO R11, Preferred, with Teleworker licensing. Are there any documents that explain how to set this up? I see a lot of Client installation material but this client must interface with something to get to the IPO? Sorry, this is a first for us and any help is appreciated. Thank you!

remote? Not sure what you mean? Sorry, any help is appreciated, thank you!

I can pull the 46xxsettings.txt from the URL but I am not sure what SIP server settings I should be checking?

This is what I found:

SET SIP_CONTROLLER_LIST proxy1:5060;transport=tls,proxy2:5060;transport=tls

Not sure if this looks correct? Or how to "set it" like you suggest?

Not using an SBC, all my users have VPN to local LAN? Was just logging into client with
Thank you so much for your help on this. This is new to me so I am not sure what to put in the SIP Domain name or the SIP Registrar FQDN? I assume that whatever we put in here needs to be resolved to the IP Office IP address?

I think that would be great if you could assist remotely. I have Zoom if you want me to send you an invite? Let me know if that will work. I need your email. Thank you again, this would be so good to get this working.

Sent you a post on your website

Anybody using Namecheap for their domain and certs and having issues with the SIP domain not being valid in IX Workplace when TLS is activated?

From my experience, they don't support addind URI:sip:example.com in the Subject Alternative Name.

If in the CSR, I have stuff like:

commonName = iposrv.example.com
emailAddress = admin@example.com
[v3_req]
keyUsage = nonRepudiation, digitalSignature, keyEncipherment, dataEncipherment
extendedKeyUsage = serverAuth, clientAuth
subjectAltName = @alt_names
[alt_names]
DNS.1 = iposrv.example.com
DNS.2 = example.com
URI.1 = sip:mtl-lab.com

When they generate the cert, and I open it with Windows, I see the cert as valid, but now the SAN looks like this:

DNS=iposrv.example.com
DNS=
Why does it automatically add front of example.com?! Also don't know why they removed DNS:example.com and URI:sip:example.com, so now IX Workplace complains the SIP domain is invalid.

Hello,
We have a client what is using the APP and it works good on cellular data, however it doesn't work on WIFI at all. I know on the older versions you could force it to use cellular but I don't see any choice for that on the new version. Any help will be greatly appreciated

You need a multidomain cert. You have to have example.com and iposrv.example.com SSL certs usually add the even on a single name cert

I'm trying to create one with Let's Encrypt, but it's a total pain in the ass.

For the DNS-01 validation, you gotta create a TXT record on your DNS like _acme-challenge.example.com with some gibberish string of caracters like dj38fnskkvwmdqwidqndnwuindmmgfe039i3_2ee in the content.

Simple on the surface, yet I don't know what I'm doing wrong but the record is clearly not showing up and because of this, the validation is not working. I even changed nameservers to Cloudflare, thinking this may help, but nope.

All I want to do is generate a wildcard cert to run some tests....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back