Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IX Workplace Windows Client - Outlook Add-in

Status
Not open for further replies.

trilogy8

Technical User
Jan 26, 2017
US
I've installed the IX Workplace for Windows client. I did the config manually and I have everything working.. browser dialing etc.. What I cannot get working is the Outlook Add-in. In the client settings the option to enable are greyed out. I know it's part of the install package. Is there something required to get it enabled?

Also, not sure if the outlook add-in is a requirement for this, but when I try to click a phone number from an outlook contact, it defaults to using the skype/lync client. Is that a limitation with Microsoft?

I think you have to use latest release of MS Outlook.

I've been working with this as well and I recently got it working-
-latest IX Client (there were some recent bugs they fixed)
-I'm using O365
- In the IX client settings you need to enable calendar integration to be able to enable the outlook add-in settings. That was a bit of a mystery as the Outlook add-in remained greyed out until I did that.
- In the IX client in the accounts section I had to set Exchange Calendar to 'microsoft modern'.

In your Outlook contacts a new option to 'call' gets added at the bottom of the drop down.

What isn't working is RCC from my S4B client. I know they have the Avaya Communicator for Lync, but it's not working with my Skype client. If you are using Teams I believe there is something called Avaya Assistant that you can download in the MS app store that adds some integration.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back