Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IX Workplace Mobile/Remote 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

cmnstr

Programmer
Feb 18, 2009
US
Anyone have good documentation on how to set up IX Workplace on a mobile phone or remote worker with no VPN? This will connect to a standalone IP 500, not server edition. KB shows ports to forward (443, 80, 8411, 411 depending on whether or not certificates are being used) then port 5060 (although this is an issue with Android) and the range 40750-50750. I found the document for server edition but it doesn't work or I am missing something. I have forwarded ports listed and it seems to connect but then gives an error. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. I am wondering if the LAN settings need to be set up with a STUN server to check for Port Restricted NAT similar to the way remote phones need to be done.

If you forward port 80 to the ip office on the public IP you will surely get hacked one day.

Thanks Captain Obvious. Now back to our regularly scheduled program. Any HELPFUL information would be greatly appreciated.

Do you want help or not? The response from Jinxs was perfectly accurate even if you didn't think it helpful. Your response however was stupid for someone wanting help. Good luck.

Stuck in a never ending cycle of file copying.

TCP 5061
TCP 411
UDP - RTP Range

Calum M
ACSS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back