Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IX Workplace - Messaging / Presence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 22, 2013
US
What backend servers are needed for IX Workplace Instant Messaging and presence?

Avaya Breeze with the presence snap-in?

I already have the following
CM 8.1
SMGR 8.1
SM 8.1
AADS 8.1
SBC 8.1

LDAP is configured to all with autologin from Email address on IX Workplace, only thing I am missing now is Presence and Messaging. But I have never set those up before.

One step closer.
I had the fqdn wrong in my dns for the ASM100 address. I matched it to what it is now.
I at least see the IX trying to hit the server, but getting a configuration error. I also added the LDAP info to my server but not sure if it is working from breeze or not. I also stopped editing out my domain name it is my lab only and not real so it does not matter lol.

Also to note, I am not 100% sure the config I have is correct, everything in breeze is up and in service (200 ok) but I think I am missing something, I am reading about implicit application sequence rules and such and not sure if I am missing that or something else.

Code:
─20:59:01.312 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H1) resources
20:59:01.319 │◄■■■■503■■■│           │           │ (H1) HTTP/1.1 503
20:59:03.185 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H2) resources
20:59:03.190 │◄■■■■503■■■│           │           │ (H2) HTTP/1.1 503
20:59:06.861 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H3) resources
20:59:06.867 │◄■■■■503■■■│           │           │ (H3) HTTP/1.1 503
20:59:13.788 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H4) resources
20:59:13.793 │◄■■■■503■■■│           │           │ (H4) HTTP/1.1 503
20:59:27.044 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H5) resources
20:59:27.049 │◄■■■■503■■■│           │           │ (H5) HTTP/1.1 503

┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
                                     │                                                                10.1.1.182 ──https─► [uknown]                                                                   │
                                     ├────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
                                     │GET /aem/resources HTTP/1.1                                                                                                                                     │
                                     │Host: lab-breeze-sm100.domain.int                                                                                                                              │
                                     │User-agent: Avaya Communicator/3.0 (3.9.0.84.8; Avaya CSDK; Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0)                                                                    │
                                     │Accept: application/vnd.avaya.aem.resources.v5+json,application/vnd.avaya.aem.resources.v4+json,application/vnd.avaya.aem.resources.v3+json,application/vnd.avay│
                                     │a.aem.resources.v2+json,application/vnd.avaya.aem.error.v1+json                                                                                                 │
                                     │Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate                                                                                                                                  │
                                     │Connection: Keep-Alive                                                                                                                                          │
                                     │                                                                                                                                                                │
                                     │-                                                                                                                                                               │
                                     └────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

breeze-ldap_mbrodt.jpg

10.1.1.182 ──https─► [uknown]
SET ESMSRVR lab-breezeasm01.domain.int

Host: lab-breeze-sm100.domain.int

is your mgmt hostname lab-breeze?
If so, your sm100 hostname would be lab-breeze-sm100.domain.int

Make sure whatever FQDN points to the SM100 in DNS is the exact same FQDN on the SM100 and HTTP identity certificate per the inventory

I think I have it correct although its all blurry now.

Breeze Management = 10.1.30.18 - lab-breeze.digifix.int
Breeze ASM100 = 10.1.30.19 - lab-breeze-sm100.digifix.int

well, the breeze saying unknown to me most likely means you got a FQDN in your client that DNS points to a IP that hits breeze.
That doesn't mean that breeze has configuration to answer to that FQDN.

You could make "wrong.domain.int" in DNS point to the SM100 and put it in your client. Breeze won't honor the request if the service FQDN is different. It'd normally be the cluster FQDN mapped to the cluster IP, but when you're a single server, it's just the SM100 FQDN/IP

I will check again tomorrow that all the fqdn is correct. I have had enough of phones for one day.
Thanks for all the help today anyway :)

lab8_h91mgn.jpg

lab9_uxwjep.jpg

I have seen in the IX Workplace clients that they behave differently with different top level domains.

Because it's WebSphere under the hood, using .int might be part of your problem. Try with .com

Where would I want to change that? Just in my DNS servers or would it need to be changed everywhere?

DNS and I suspect whatever the FQDN is on the cert. So, if you try requesting another cert for the SM100 and the HTTP interface in the inventory.

So, if you had SMGR sign it for lab-breeze-asm01-sm100.domain.com and DNS pointed there too, that might be a good start.

Else, you can always shut down the VM and reinstall from scratch with a .com

Made a new forward lookup zone in my DNS and added domain.com
deployed a new ova and removed all old breeze stuff.
re added new breeze server with new hostname domain.com
re did all domain info in aads dynamic config to match new settings.

still getting 503 unknown error when hitting the trace from IX.

- Wondering if I have something else going on, does the presence snap in require the Media-server? If so how do I enter that into the URI?

Code:
sips:ce-msml@lab-ams.digifix.int

- once the presence snap in is installed, the only settings that I should need are the rest configurations under Elements --> Breeze --> configurations --> Atrributes --> service clusters --> Client rest services?
or am I missing something else that needs to be enabled?

- my IX workplace is pointing to the asm100 IP of breeze correct? I assume this is yes since it is the only way I can see it show up in the trace log.

I added a cluster IP even though it is a single breeze install, and that fixed the unknown trace error, but I still get a config error in the trace when attempting to connect. Also changed everything back to original domain names.

Code:
14:19:23.386 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H1) resources
14:19:23.404 │◄■■■■503■■■│           │           │ (H1) HTTP/1.1 503
14:19:30.866 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H2) resources
14:19:30.870 │◄■■■■503■■■│           │           │ (H2) HTTP/1.1 503
14:19:31.916 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H3) resources
14:19:31.920 │◄■■■■503■■■│           │           │ (H3) HTTP/1.1 503
14:19:34.126 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H4) resources
14:19:34.130 │◄■■■■503■■■│           │           │ (H4) HTTP/1.1 503
14:19:40.170 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H5) resources
14:19:40.175 │◄■■■■503■■■│           │           │ (H5) HTTP/1.1 503
14:19:55.872 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H6) resources                                                                                                 
14:19:55.876 │◄■■■■503■■■│           │           │ (H6) HTTP/1.1 503                                                                                              
14:20:16.912 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H7) resources                                                                                                  
14:20:16.917 │◄■■■■503■■■│           │           │ (H7) HTTP/1.1 503
14:21:02.026 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H8) resources
14:21:02.031 │◄■■■■503■■■│           │           │ (H8) HTTP/1.1 503

┌────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┐
                                     │                                                                10.1.1.182 ──https─► 10.1.30.19                                                                 │
                                     ├────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┤
                                     │GET /aem/resources HTTP/1.1                                                                                                                                     │
                                     │Host: lab-breeze-sm100.digifix.int                                                                                                                              │
                                     │User-agent: Avaya Communicator/3.0 (3.9.0.84.8; Avaya CSDK; Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.9200.0)                                                                    │
                                     │Accept: application/vnd.avaya.aem.resources.v5+json,application/vnd.avaya.aem.resources.v4+json,application/vnd.avaya.aem.resources.v3+json,application/vnd.avay│
                                     │a.aem.resources.v2+json,application/vnd.avaya.aem.error.v1+json                                                                                                 │
                                     │Accept-Encoding: gzip, deflate                                                                                                                                  │
                                     │Connection: Keep-Alive                                                                                                                                          │
                                     │                                                                                                                                                                │
                                     │-                                                                                                                                                               │
                                     └────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────┘

│                                                                10.1.30.19 ──https─► 10.1.1.182                                                                 │
                                     │HTTP/1.1 503                                                                                                                                                    │
                                     │Connection: close                                                                                                                                               │
                                     │Content-Language: en-US                                                                                                                                         │
                                     │Content-Type: text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1                                                                                                                      │
                                     │Error 503: Configuration Error                                                                                                                                  │

added a PTR record for my sm100 address and now I get a LDAP error with the attributes. Found a solution article on it and trying to find out why my attributes are not mapping correctly to my ldap.

SOLN339549

lab10_zt5zc7.jpg

Almost.

After adding the PTR record I am not getting failed login on the trace. I am sure it has to do with LDAP but I cannot figure out what the issue is.

I am using "mail" in my AADS, SMGR and Breeze for my login. Not sure where the problem is. I will have to try a few more test to see if I can get it to change.

Code:
16:25:41.861 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H1) resources
16:25:41.866 │◄■■■■401■■■│           │           │ (H1) HTTP/1.1 401
16:25:59.840 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H2) resources
16:25:59.962 │◄■■■■401■■■│           │           │ (H2) HTTP/1.1 401
16:26:00.005 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H3) resources
16:26:00.011 │◄■■■■401■■■│           │           │ (H3) HTTP/1.1 401
16:26:18.777 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H4) resources
16:26:18.782 │◄■■■■401■■■│           │           │ (H4) HTTP/1.1 401
16:26:24.518 │■■■■GET■■■►│           │           │ (H5) resources
16:26:24.525 │◄■■■■401■■■│           │           │ (H5) HTTP/1.1 401

│                                                                10.1.1.182 ──https─► 10.1.30.19                                                                 │
                    │Host: lab-breeze-sm100.digifix.int                                                                                                                              │
                    │Cookie: ibmappid=local.1596136485867; JSESSIONID=0000PMOOOi7ACgbsch9ECviPeHh:-1                                                                                 │
                    │Authorization: Basic YWVpbnN0ZWluQGRpZ2lmaXguaW50OjRaMFp5bTB1NSQ=                                                                                               │

│                                                                10.1.30.19 ──https─► 10.1.1.182                                                                 │
                    │HTTP/1.1 401                                                                                                                                                    │
                    │Connection: close                                                                                                                                               │
                    │Content-Language: en-US                                                                                                                                         │
                    │Content-Type: text/html;charset=ISO-8859-1                                                                                                                      │
                    │[highlight #FCE94F]Error 401: Bad credentials[/highlight]

You still have the .int domain

You can try ESMSSO off and Avaya credentials, then it's your SMGRLoginName and comm profile password

and the PTR stuff is internal to the servers only, it's not relevant for the client connecting

So I changed a few things.
- I changed my LDAP attributes to userPrincipalName in, AADS, SMGR and Breeze. Tested and seems to work in SMGR and AADS. I am still able to auto login IX with the email address email@domain.int

- I added the PTR record back and got 401 error (│Error 401: Full authentication is required to access this resource ) Fix is SOLN339549 which leads me to think there is something wrong with my LDAP, but not sure. I am not an ldap expert.

According to This Document I need the PTR record in my DNS.
- I changed to a breeze ova deploymnent with domain.com changed all my dns info and still got the same error, so I do not think it is a domain.int related issue. I am missing something somewhere but cannot pinpoint it.

I followed that doc up and down left and right, still no luck. I might deploy a whole new lab with a different domain and try from scratch with a blank slate soon.

are you registering thru the sbc? if so, remember to enable session affinity in the breeze cluster and set the X-Real-IP thing as B1

does your presence/IM handle = SMGRLoginName = mail?

I started a new thread on this since I changed a lot.

Sorry was not able to get back sooner, had a baby, then a storm with no power for a week.. good times :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back