Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IWR runtime error cannot connect to DB

Status
Not open for further replies.

SMS636

IS-IT--Management
Apr 20, 2005
CA
The report request failed.

Reason: Error: 0, Generic; Process ID: 1584; Thread: 1152; Host: XXX; Text: Logon error while connecting the database.; BackTrace Info: 1. File Name: Y:\src\impromptu\ImpromptuServer\app.exe\ole.lib\APPAUTO.CPP; Line#:3938; Desc.:CAppAuto::ConnectDatabase; 2. File Name: Y:\src\impromptu\ImpromptuServer\app.exe\ole.lib\APPAUTO.CPP; Line#:9155; Desc.:CAppAuto::ExecuteRunReport;

i am using valid username and password in access manager as well as its requesting on runtime username and password and i am passing valid value but still its saying logon error.

Secondly in impromptu the option to link username and password with catalog is disabled???

Has a username and password been saved in the catalog? Make sure none of the userclasses in the catalog have a database userid and password saved with them. (Under User Profiles)

I am what I am based on the decisions I have made.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Are you passing the user's Userclass to the catalog, or using Creator as the default?

I am what I am based on the decisions I have made.

DoubleD [bigcheeks]

Have you saved your settings after you published IWR report set? In IWR Report Administrator, check the settings for your reportset, then click the Save button. And then in Access Manager,check the Data Sources for your report set, and also check if the user is granded for the data source.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back