Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IWR Error running reports

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonnyk

Programmer
Jan 11, 2001
GB
I have created a report to run on the web.
The report works fine in client and publishes to the Web
successfully.
When I come to run it the process bar appears flashes as if running then i get an 'Application Error'.
The only bit of legible error text is
'logon error while connecting database'
I have run the report from the wen server in client and it runs fine.
I have tried logging on through access manager and the catalog and still get the same error.

Help please

I think it may be the problem with the database connection.
you can give that info in two ways.

1)Open the catalog
go to the Catalog->user profiles click on database tab.In database logon give the user name and password.close the catalog and republish the report

2)if you are giving database access using access manager you should give user level security in report Administrator.
Go to Report administrator,select Report project from the list and select on the name of the report you published.on the RHS on general tab change the database logon type to user.enter database user name and password.save the report.

let me know if you have other problem.post the specific details of the problem

bhas79

Under Program files\Cognos\cer#\bin there is an application called ImpServer.exe. If you double click on that file, hit <ctrl> <O> and try to run your report from there, if it doesn't run it means that there is something wrong with the report or the catalog or your database connection. If it does run then there is something wrong with IWR.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back