Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Iwatsu Pri configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

dms500

Technical User
Jul 20, 2006
US
I am a dms500 tech that is having configuration problems with a customer running a iwatsu adix pri. We are configured as compliant NI2 and inbound calls process just fine. The customer states that he has mapped the individual buttons on his phone. He claims that we are providing dialtone on these buttons. Looking through my tables we are not serving dialtone on the b channels and I never see him connect to a trunk. I am also seeing no inbound messaging when he says that he has dialed a call. the inbound calls demonstrate that the pri is communicating with the correct protocol. I would appreciate any information that could be provided. Thanks

The following is all based on assumptions, which are based on my own equipment, which is probably different...

On my switch the initial dialtone is served by the switch, not the PRI. I can configure direct trunk access on the switch for testing if need be, and then I think the dialtone comes from the PRI, but we are using NI2 Custom on 5ESS.

What my users dial determines what route the call goes out. I have some things, like 911, going out copper, and the rest goes out the PRI. Because your customer is getting calls in on the PRI I assume they have created a valid trunk group, but I wonder if they created the proper route for outbound dialing, or the proper outdial rules which determine how the call is configured to go out the PRI.

Does the customer have other PRI trunks that work on that switch? If so they can cheat and compare the configuration. If all they currently have is copper there are a few changes that need to be made in the outdial rules for PRI, and also they have to have the trunks configured for the right services (speech, 3.1KHz, etc).

Just ideas to bounce off you - not really meant to be the solution.

It is fairly rare that a PBX will support PRI B channels on keyset buttons as if they were POTS lines...
Mike

I did not know Iwatsu ever made a PBX, much less one that supported PRI! Are they still in business?

Does the PBX have documentation?

....JIM....

The system needs to be properly configured for PRI, outbound dialing needs to be configured for optimized routing. What version is the system? If direct co line appearance is set for testing can the user dial out, can the carrier see the channel accessed? Confirm the trunks are set for DP in 11.08. Is it a full PRI or partial?

SYQUEST/Jim, Yes Iwatsu is still in business, one of the few that actually is turning a profit and still manufacturers their own equipment ensuring quality control(they have one of the best MTBF rates in the industry), instead of others that use contract manufacturing for equipment...

Thanks for all of your help. The vendor discovered that he did not take channels 18-23 out of service. The customer only ordered 17 b channels. The vendor was set up to start on the last channel (23) and the call would never complete. The call setup message never reached us because we were sending that the only available b-channels were 1-17.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back