Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IWATSU phone system

Status
Not open for further replies.

PBXJay

Technical User
Jan 4, 2002
US
Has anyone ever heard of them? I am researching new phone system from Avaya Merlin system......sounds like I should say "bless you" after IWATSU

-J

Iwatsu is supposed to be a good system. The experience I have on the Iwatsu is limited. I have 25 years in working on all kinds of systems, but I stay away from this one. If you have a vendor that is selling the Iwatsu then they should be able to present one as a demo for you. Once that is done it is up to you if you want to administer that system. I would rather go with an Avaya system simply because there are many more vendors out there for that product which means the costs are much more competitive. This is a plus to the end user, financially speaking.

We all need a little help once in awhile. Tony the Phoneman..

I've been installing these for 8+ years. The name doesn't have much recognition but the switch is tried and true. Has many more features than the Merlin. ACD, DNIS, and DID much more flexible. I would still say that this depends on the vendor.
We also install/service Merlin, Partner, IPO, 3Com. I like the IPO a little better lately because of the name recognition factor.

Over 20 years, our company has owned 3 different systems from Iwatsu and we are still using the last one. They were solid systems with competitive features. A local vendor provides service (and also sells/installs Nortel and Cisco) and they have been very responsive. I would look at them again, but primarily because of the trust I have in the vendor. What level of support you need and what they can provide, now that's what should play at least a fifty percent role in your evaluation. Good luck with your project.
---Will

Iwatsu has been around for a long time and their products are very good. As others have said, your best bet is to find a dealer in your area.

jeff moss

Thanks,

Found a local dealer and will demo the pbx as well as the other pbx vendor's solutions. Just had never heard of them while working in an Avaya shop-cisco/nortel and a few others I was familiar with...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back