Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Iwatsu ADIX Call Coverage

Status
Not open for further replies.

whitera6911

IS-IT--Management
May 7, 2004
US
I am trying to figure out how the ADIX routes calls. I see how the DNIS is routed, but how does the sytem ring extensions A and B simultaneously and then after three rings, ring extensions C and D simultaneously? I wish Iwatsu would make the programming documentation available!!!

Thanks.

It's pretty simple. All you do is go in Class 14 and select the key pattern you have assigned to the phones in question and assign a "call coverage immediate" for the phone you want to ring at the same time the other phone rings (you put in the port or extension of the phone you are mimicking) You use "call coverage delay" if you want it to wait a specified time before ringing.

If this in not clear enough let me know. :)

There are several ways to have calls ring like you mentioned if using DNIS; call coverage is easy to setup but doesn't "ring" the same at both phones, you could also have DNIS route to a trunk access number that has phones assigned to ring and overflow to a hunt group or delay ring group. All depends on software version, type of trunking.

Thanks, I couldn't get my mind out of the Avaya call coverage mode. What you suggest will work and is probably the way the system is now configured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back