Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IVS 2000 forward all calls to outside number doesnt work!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jguderian

IS-IT--Management
Sep 14, 2004
US
I have an IVS 2000, and am trying to forward all calls to a cell phone for one terminal. When I select the FWD ALL button it works for extensions, but when I try to press "9" to indicate an outside number it gives a short beep tone as if awaiting input, but when I enter in a number and hangup (which should make the change) it does nothing.

I can enter this information within the MOC terminal using E600 <DE> extension <DE> 9,number <EXE>

The display phone will even show that it is being forwarded to an outside line when I try to cancel forwarding that was forced within the MOC.

Any ideas why it doesnt work from the handset? Or better yet, how to make it work from the handset?

I appreciate the help.

Push speaker on your phone and get a dial tone , this will be your prime line , then press *5 , 9 , then the number you want to forward the call too. Give it a second or two then you should hear a constant tone and or see SET in your display (left side)then hang up. #5 will clear CFA.

It is possible that the phone's service feature class doesn't allow forwading to an outside line. check CMD 1526 for that phones sfc.

I think the problem lies in the trunk to trunk alow or deny command. If you have one trunk route "00" then go to command 360>0000>0 execute This allows the incomming route 00 to connect to the outgoing route 00.

wayne50: When I try to press *5 it immediately goes to a busy tone.

OzzieGeorge: Everything seems to be set as the defaults according to my command manual. My service restriction is 15, and command 1526 for restriction 15 shows allowed or "1".

Fixin: Im unsure if I have only 1 trunk. Im not what you would consider a phone guy. I inherited this system, and all maintenance, and changes that go with it. If you guys can elaborate on some of this information, I can navigate the MOC terminal well enough to identify info, and make changes, I just need a bit of guidance.

Thanks for the input!

First of all does the call forward work if you do it via the E6 CMs in the MOC terminal? It isn't quite clear in your original entry.
If the answer is yes there is no tandem trunking issue.
I think your problem is that after entering the number to be forwarded to you are not waiting the 4 to 5 seconds for the set tone before hanging up.
You can change this in system programming though by setting CM 08>222>0 so that the forward is set as soon as you hang up the station.

pave35: Thanks thats exactly what was happening...I wasnt waiting long enough for the time out to take place. I did change the value of CM 08>222> to 0 so that forward takes place immediately after I hang up.

I didnt even think to wait that long because internal extensions happened immediately after hanging up.

Thanks for guidance!

If you have only one trunk, then forget making this work other than internally. It takes 2 trunks if trying to work it from outside.

Ok Pave35, I need some help again. It seemed to work for a while, but when I tried to forward a call to the outside world, it didnt work. I checked the CM 08>222>0 setting which was still set.

Now when I try to forward, it give me a tone, I dial 9 then the number, and hang up but it doesnt work. Also when I try internal extension now I get RST on the display along with a busy tone.

Any ideas as to what could have changed?

Could be a number of things.
Can the number being forwarded to be called by the calling station? If not it could be a toll restriction issue. Check CM 08>387> it should be a 1.
Can you forward all calls to an internal station?
If you can forward internally but not externally you may have hit your max forward off premise.
On the IVS pre 1800 series software there was only 96 off premise forwards allowed. To test this try changing 08>222>1 and set the forwarding. See if you get a confirmation tone after a few seconds or a busy. If you get busy try cancelling all call forwarding at a number of stations and try that station again.
Is you PBX networked to another PBX where the VM resides? This is the usual cause of the off premise forwarding being used up.

1. Yes I can call the cell phone I am forwarding to. CD 08>387 is set for 0, but even when I changed it to 1, I still couldnt forward.
2. When I try to forward internall it immediately goes busy with a "RST" displayed
3.We have an NEAX 2000 IVS2, so Im unsure if this applies still
4. I actually tried setting 08>222>1 but it goes busy with an "RST" in my display.
5. This is the only PBX we have. We only have 60 terminals in the building, so I wouldnt think we would exceed the 96 call forward limit.

Its weird, this used to work. I have been making changes, but they have been to system timers for call rings, pulsing caller id, and thats it.

Any other ideas?

Thanks for then help...again.

There could be call back/trunk queueing set to the station.
Is this happening to all terminals or just one?
If just one try the call back/trunk queueing cancel code.
The default code for this is #1 (CM 200>B1>A005)
Lift the handset at the station and dial #1.

Well I just assumed it was all stations, but after testing a couple others, it seems to be only affecting my station.

I tried to lift the hand set & press #1, but it just does a pulsed dial tone, when I enter my extension it shows "CNCL", but it doesnt fix the problem.

I checked CM 200>B1, but when I press <DE> it displays A041, which I have no idea what this indicates.

Im not sure what could have changed on my station, but its apparently only affecting mine.

jg

A041 is MW cancel. Look for an ACcode that = NONE and assign it as A005 then dial this from your staion. This should return back a confirmation code.

Mextera.
your in good hands with Pave35, Wayne50, Fixin and Ozzie

Here in Oz we use #0 for callback cancel. There it could well be #9 but the easiest course of action is find a none and assign it. If you want to scroll through all the entries to find it start at zero and step through to 9 then check star (A) and hash (B) any that returns a number starting with 7 means it has been expanded further so you then try that number followed by a zero and step through again (don't forget to check the expanded for a * and # on the end)

Thanks everyone for the help. Using the advice from Mextera I assigned A005 to an empy Acode, and then dialed it. My display showed 77 CNCL. After this I was able to forward to an external #. This problem also caused my call forward no answer to my VM pilot # to stop functioning as well.

I appreciate all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back