Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IVR Test Port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mig2008

MIS
Nov 18, 2003
US
Hi everyone,

I have a quick question,

I am no expert on this, so when Avaya asked me what port was opened for testing the system through the modem connection I was stumped, out of all people I was sure they would know...

Does anyone have an idea of what they are asking?
The purpose of this is to test certain announcments and choices the IVR gives you, however I thought the easiest way was for them to call the number the announcement resides, right?

Thanks for all the help!!

Miguel

Our conversant IVR's have a RMB (remote maintenance board) which is connected via modem phone line, which avaya technicians use to dial and diagnose any problems the ivr may be experiencing etc. Perhaps this is what they are talking about? You can perform displaypkg, grep RMB to insure the pkg is there. You can also read more about it in the Maintenance manual. Hope this helps.

Thanks guys for the help, sorry i took so long.
Had to fight other fires somewhere else, :(

Miguel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back