Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IVR Ring No Answer Options?

Status
Not open for further replies.

criling

Technical User
Feb 15, 2006
US
Hi,

I'm in the process of setting up a new IVR and have one box working. The problem is, if that box goes down for whatever reason (i.e. a queue to that hunt group yields a ring no answer), how would I write the vector so that it will ring to a second hunt group (and 2nd DS1) if the first doesn't pick up after 2-3 rings or so?

Thanks,
Chris

On our IVR, the stations are set as DS1FD. The agent for each station is set as Auto-Answer: All with the correct port extension (the DS1FD station). The primary IVR vector contains the following commands:

Step 3 - goto step 19 if staffed-agents in skill 90 < 68
Step 19 - route-to number 7491 with cov n if unconditionally

If an IVR call RONA's, then that agent/station is logged out, and my staffed-agent count decreases. Once 5 IVR agents have RONA'd, calls automatically route to the skill for my second IVR.

Susan
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls, and looks like work."
- Thomas A. Edison

Have you considered setting up agent ID and Skills to log into the the IVR ports. Build IVR agents, assign Skills to the IVR agent IDs and in your vector do a vector step that will check the availablity of the Skill you assigned to the IVR agents. Example of the IVR step. Where it goes to Step 11 is where you can queue the second IVR.

Example Vector step.
goto step 11 if available-agents in skill 94 > 0
queue to skill 94

Step 11
goto step X if available-agents in skill 95 > 0
queue skill 95

Build a Skill (HG)for each IVR.

Build IVR stations. Make them DS1FD type.

Build IVR agents and on your IVR agent IDs make AAS Y. When that happens you can then assign a station port that you built for the IVR

Are you queueing calls to the IVR or using the Converse-On step?

Normally it will be queued to a skill with the channels as agents, like you guys have cited. I guess my clarification is that if the box goes down (RONA's) it does indeed see it as having the agents out of the skill? If that's the case then this is fairly easy...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back