Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

IVR Editor function 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vchannels

Vendor
Dec 12, 2008
SG
I would like to create a IVR flow to collect customer account number, which I understand it is possible. Is it possible to playback to confirm the number entered such as "you have enter 12345678", press1 to confirm and 2 to re-try again etc.

Once the Cust ID is verify, IVR can decide to either send call to agent or continue with other self service menu.

Thanks in advance..

The easiest way to achieve this is to have the caller enter every number separately so you can store them in separate variables:
"Enter the first digit" -> Caller enters it, you save it to var1
"Enter the second digit" -> Caller enters it, you save it to var2 and so on....

After that all you need are files like 0.wav, 1.wav .... 9.wav (which you could get pretty much anywhere incl. VM Pro) and then just play those depending on what value the variables are.
Best way for this would be to change each variable from - for example - "5" to "5.wav" which can be easily done with a set variable action.

Alternatively you can have them enter all digits at once and store them in one long string but then you would have to work with something like "? left ?" and "? right ?" (check logic box documentation) in a clever way to get each single digit back..

Basically like this =)

Set NumberCount (How many numbers to read) : len <:AccountNumber:>
Get NumberToRead (which number to read) : (<:AccountNumber:> right <:NumberCount:>) left 1
Annoucement NumberToRead.wav
Set NumberCount (reduce one) : <:NumberCount:> - 1
Check NumberCount (if more than 1 go to top else continue) : <:NumberCount:> < 1

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

@Alfalis, Thanks for the quick info!

@Janni78, Thanks for sample flow/logic fields.
Where can I find these fields "NumberCount", NumberToRead" as I was reading the IVR Editor/Task Flow etc but could not find a list of tasks etc. Do we create this fields in IPOCC IVR Editor e.g. Logic etc?

Unbenannt_blxgx3.png

NumberCount and NumberToRead are local variables the way I see it, so you have to define them yourself inside the IVR skript.

EDIT: What janni78 did is cleverly combining those operations to get single digits out of a longer string of digits so "123456" turns into "1" the first time, then "2" and so on. You then append ".wav" and that's pretty much it.
That deserves a star ;D

@Alfalis, Thanks =)

@Vchannels, as Alfalis said you create the local variables.
The IVR call flow part looks like this using the logic from earlier post.

All E connectors go to an error message.

NumberRead_zi1dy6.jpg

Wait won't combining the operations cause other issues? I contacted my IVR systems and they said this will break the operation, which I have seen on my end.

Maybe I need to switch providers or am I doing it wrong

Of course you can combine calculations, otherwise they wouldn't support brackets, it's basic functionality in programming =)
It works fine on several systems where I use it for callback =)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back