Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

I've Installed Win2k in AcerPower Computer. ESS Solo Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

JuanjoZun

Programmer
Jul 20, 2002
MX
Hey guys.
I have a problem with a new installation of windows2000... I've installed it on a acerpower computer... 128RAM, 400Mhz processor, etc.
I checked on the internet and I found that win2k has the drivers for this motherboard (SIS 620) vga/sound/IDE... when I checked for the first time, the sound hears like "tik-tik-tik-tik" and never stops!!, like when you open a drive on MyComputer.

I want to know if there's a way to solve my problem...

Thanks
Juanjo

Follow the dark side, so you can reach the light.

"tik-tik-tik-tik" where's the sound coming from? i.e extenal speaker or internal speaker inside the CPU. If niether of them maybe your hard disk is dying... but if coming from the speaker then your windows is not setup properly.

The sound come from the speakers... when you listen to cd, it sounds good... This sound, "tik-tik-tik", is when you open a drive (C:\) or a File. in addition, all the sounds from windows, when there's an error, or exclamation, when you PLAY an MP3 or video MPG... I think it could be the sound card... don't you think?

Thanks

regards
Juanjo

Follow the dark side, so you can reach the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back